Tuesday, April 12, 2011

REVIEW: Magic's Price by Mercedes Lackey

Magic's Price (Valdemar: Last Herald-Mage, #3) Magic's Price by Mercedes Lackey
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

The books are well written, I'm not debating that. What I am hating is the main character, Vanyel. I usually tolerate goody two-shoes to a great extend, but this character just want to make me barf. Pretty much he sacrifices everything in order to save his kingdom, a kingdom that doesn't even like him for who he is and only care for his supermagic.

Frankly the ending suck, so if anyone is expecting a HEA or HFN, this series is not for you—it's a tear-jerker. It's one thing to give up your life for the greater good, it's another thing to give up your afterlife defending the kingdom that will totally forget about you within a month's time. The former suck, the latter blows it all to hell. Sure, they'll mourn for you...for a minute and then it's back to "omg, we need another mage to defend us." Lame.

I feel so frustrated reading this series that I kinda wish Vanyel just died in the first book and saved me the trouble of reading the sequels.

Amazon GoodReads

Post a Comment

You can also comment on the Goodreads version of my review. Click on the rating located in the beginning of my review to get to the webpage.