Promises Made Under Fire by Charlie Cochrane
My rating: 2 of 5 stars
The book was a solid historical, but it didn’t have qualities that appeal to me. There was smut but only briefly and at the end.
I didn’t care much for the protagonist because he was slow on the uptake. I wanted to smack the back of his head and make him gain some smarts. His love interest, however, was interesting, and it was not until the story physically introduced him that my attention finally perked up.
The beginning was rough going because of the writing. Too many sentences were disjointed. Fortunately, the writing smoothed out after a few chapters. The pacing was steady. What I liked best was how, after the middle of the story, the sad undertone eventually dispersed and the romance descended on-page.
I rate Promises Made Under Fire 2-stars for it was okay. The romance was a decent read, nothing more, nothing less.
Goodreads | Amazon
- ► 2014 (19)
- REVIEW: And All the Stars by Andrea K. Höst
- REVIEW: Fighting Gravity by Leah Petersen
- REVIEW: Glen & Tyler's Honeymoon Adventure by J.B....
- REVIEW: Witchstruck by Victoria Lamb
- REVIEW: The Darwin Elevator by Jason M. Hough
- REVIEW: The Prince of Galerir by Anna Lee
- REVIEW: Dragon Run by Patrick Matthews
- REVIEW: Passion's Storm by A.J. Marcus
- REVIEW: The Narrowing Path by David J. Normoyle
- REVIEW: Taming the Bander by Summer Devon
- REVIEW: Rogue Descendant by Jenna Black
- REVIEW: Promises Made Under Fire by Charlie Cochra...
- REVIEW: The Stolen Luck by Shawna Reppert
- REVIEW: Scratch & Sniff by J.L. O'Faolain
- NEWS: futuristic male underwear, 12 GoT House Sigi...
- REVIEW: Game by Barry Lyga
- ▼ May 2013 (16)
- ► 2012 (64)